RoboZZle is an addictive robot-programming puzzle game, available at http://robozzle.com/. This project contains a part of the server-side RoboZZle code.
Setting up your environment to contribute to RoboZZle
- Visual Studio 2008: If you don't have some version, install Visual Web Developer 2008 from
- Sql Server 2008: If you don't have some version, install SQL Server 2008 Express from
- Source control:
- If you have a regular (non-Express) Visual Studio version, you probably want to install AnkhSVN plugin for source control.
- VS 2008 Express does not support source control plugin. Instead, install TortoiseSVN.
- The subversion path is https://robozzle.svn.codeplex.com/svn
- Create and populate Robozzle database
- Start Sql Management Studio
- Connect to your local Sql Server instance. If you installed Sql Server 2008 Express, the server name should be "localhost\SQLEXPRESS"
- Right-click "Databases", choose "Restore Database"
- Set "To database:" field to "Robozzle"
- Choose the "From device" checkbox, and navigate to the path to App_Code\robozzle.bak in the RobozzleWeb project
- Click OK
- Note that for most players in the database, their username is the same as their password.
- Finally, be warned that much of the code was hacked together quickly to get the game up and running. Keep that in mind if you are having trouble understanding the code. ;-)